For over 20 years Checkatrade has been helping consumers combat rogue traders across the UK through their website and printed directories which only allow recommended, vetted and monitored tradespeople to join and offer their trade or services to the public. They remain the leaders when it comes to finding the right trade for home renovation, maintenance and emergencies, and for raising standards in those trades throughout the UK.
We helped a local trader grow into a national brand...
As part of their ambitious growth strategy, Checkatrade needed to scale its existing and new business functions quickly. They needed an internal recruitment solution that could deal with the initial volume of recruitment but was also fit for purpose moving forward.
We created several new departments from scratch, including Sales and New Business, Product Management, Marketing, Finance and Customer Support. We headhunted roles including Head of Finance, Head of Digital, Product Marketing Manager, QA Analyst, Project Manager and Business Analyst.
Head of HR, Checkatrade
To support the continued growth of Checkatrade and ensure a ‘right-first-time’ approach to recruitment, we implemented a professional recruitment toolkit that could continue to scale along with their business.
- Creation of holistic recruitment strategy
across all UK locations
- Initiating RPO introduction into the
company for all tech hires
- Mapping and improving the candidate journey
- Careers page creation and management
- Creation and management of Glassdoor page
- LinkedIn advertising rollout
- Reshaped advertising across all roles
- Managed PSL
- Trained Hiring Managers on interview techniques
- Account Management example
- Attended all 1st stage interviews